Here we have a Baldwin Everett console piano
The Everett Piano Company, or simply Everett Piano, was a piano manufacturing company founded by the John Church Company. It was previously owned by Yamaha. It was founded in 1883 in Boston, Massachusetts by the John Church Company, which was at the time, one of the leading companies of the industry. In June 1926, Everett merged with Cable-Nelson Piano, moving from Boston to South Haven, Michigan.
Many composers used Everett’s pianos, but the demand for small pianos grew. In response, Everett made only small pianos in 1946, leaving the manufacturing of grand pianos. Everett also pioneered the electrostatic reed organ, manufacturing the Orgatron brand from 1935 to 1941, before suspending production for World War II, transferring the business to the Rudolph Wurlitzer Company, and refocusing on pianos.
In 1949, John A. Hens developed the dyna-tension scale. This put the piano strings under greater tension to allow better sound. Only Everett pianos that had Balanced Tension Back had this feature.
Call or email us for more info
Located at our Burbank location