Here we have a reconditioned Schiedmayer 115 Upright Piano
Finish: (PE) Polished Ebony
SCHIEDMAYER & SONS PIANO
In 1809, Johann David’s son Johann Lorenz Schiedmayer (1786-1860), together with Carl Dieudonné, founded the firm of Dieudonné & Schiedmayer in Stuttgart. The firm soon became well known in the area. When the composer Friedrich Silcher moved to Stuttgart, he lived for two years in Schiedmayer’s home. After the death of Dieudonné, the workshop was renamed Pianofortefabrik von Schiedmayer, and after 1845, when Adolf and Hermann Schiedmayer, the older sons of Johann Lorenz Schiedmayer, joined the firm, Schiedmayer & Sons, Pianoforte Factory. From 1821 to 1969 the factory was on what was then Neckerstrasse 14-16 and is now Konrad Adenauer Strasse in Stuttgart. This lot is occupied today by the State University of Music and Performing Arts and Representative Arts and by the House of History (Haus der Geschichte Baden-Württemberg).
In 1909, a major exhibit to commemorate the centenary of the firm was held in Stuttgart at the Royal Center for Industry and Trade (Today House of Commerce). Among the visitors were Württemberg’s King William II and his wife Charlotte.
Johann Lorenz Schiedmayer sent his two younger sons Julius and Paul to Paris, where they studied harmonium construction, and also met Victor Mustel, who some years later invented the celesta. After returning to Stuttgart, they founded in 1853 the firm of J & P Schiedmayer, which soon started building pianos and later celestas. They also built unusual instruments, like the Schiedmayer-Scheola (a mixture of organ, harmonium and celesta) and some mechanical autoplay instruments.
The firm was located near Schiedmayer & Sons. The firm later changed its name to Schiedmayer Pianoforte Factory.
In 1969, the owner of Schiedmayer & Sons, Georg Schiedmayer, took over the Schiedmayer Piano Factory, previously J & P Schiedmayer, from their then owners, Max and Hans Schiedmayer. Piano production was terminated in 1980, and the firm specialized on the manufacture of celestas and glockenspiels. In 1992, upon the death of Georg Schiedmayer, his widow, Elianne Schiedmayer, inherited the firm of Schiedmayer & Sons GmbH & Co. KG as well as Schiedmayer Pianoforte Factory, previously known as J & P Schiedmayer. In 2008 the firm of Schiedmayer Pianoforte Factory was officially liquidated at the Registry of Companies. (Schiedmayer 115) as advertised.
Call or email us for more info
Available at our Burbank Location
There are no reviews yet.